Photographs
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Lori~Flower. Make your own badge here.
Writing Tripe Since 2004
BlogYear in Review 2005

BlogYear in Review 2006
Previous Posts
Tags

Friday, September 24, 2004
What *is* my problem??
I have a date tonight. It's a guy from either Yahoo or Match. I can't remember which, and that's kind of sad. Match, I think. I have no idea why I'm not looking forward to it. The guy seems nice enough, and I should be looking forward to gettting to know him better. He's made reservations at a nice restaurant, which is something I've never had done for me on a date before. It's not even the thought of eating raw fish that's making me squemish. I have to pull myself out of this because it's very unfair to my date. If I was feeling this way I should have said no. As soon as I get internet connected at the new place, I'm taking my profiles off!

Seriously, I'm usually the hopelessly idealistic bounce-back girl. The "this guy will be it" girl. And I'm just not feeling that way. I'm really tired of disappointment, silent rejection, getting excited, and then getting let down. I just want a break from it all for a while. I wonder if it has something to do with the suave gentlman I've been speaking to a lot who lies just out of my reach? He's been a wonderful friend lately, and he's spoiling me with compliments, "you can do betters," and a bit of nice, honest flirting. But shouldn't that really make me want to go out and show myself off a bit?

Truth be told, I'm looking more forward to getting out and doing trail maintenance with the my bike club tomorrow than I am to getting myself together to make small talk tonight. Aren't I horrid?

Depend not on another, but lean instead on thyself...True happiness is born of self-reliance.
--The Laws of Manu

Self-reliance is the only road to true freedom, and being one's own person is its ultimate reward.
--Patricia Sampson


posted by LoRi~fLoWer
Permalink
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Lori~Flower

Home: Eastern PA, United States

"Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same" --The Fray

My Ecosystem Details
Blogs in my Cycle of Song
Archives
Feeding my Gossip Addiction
Stuff You'll Never Look At

My blog is best viewed with Firefox. It's better and it's FREE!
Get Firefox!

Free Blogger Templates


I'm an A-list Blogebrity


BLOGGER




Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.