Photographs
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Lori~Flower. Make your own badge here.
Writing Tripe Since 2004
BlogYear in Review 2005

BlogYear in Review 2006
Previous Posts
Tags

Monday, December 13, 2004
Girls in Gotham
The trip to New York was a grand success. The city (especially 5th Ave.) was absolutely wall-to-wall with people and beautifully decked out for the holidays. You had to screw your courage to the sticking point while you were waiting to cross the street, and looking across at the sea of people all wanting to go in the opposite direction in the same 15 square feet as you. Megan and I walked our way up from Penn Station and all along 5th Avenue, passing Rockefeller Center on the way. We went to the ice skating rink and the zoo in Central Park--where we also saw James Carville jogging. His wife, Mary, was nowhere in sight, but it doesn't really surprise me that they need alone time. We saw the window displays at Sak's. We hung out for a bit in Grand Central station, and then watched the rich people all dressed up for a ball going into the Hyatt Grand Hotel. We took a car home and had New York pizza late at night and chatted with my Gram. We fell into bed exhausted, and (speaking for both of us) our feet still hurt today. Very good times, but I don't think I could live every day in all that bustle.

Of note:
  • We paid $16.99 for a hamburger and french fries at TGI Fridays
  • I got stuck in the revolving door at Trump Tower, causing the entire entrance process to come to a complete and screeching halt while I tried to get myself on the same side of the door as my huge backpack. This occurrence was only mildly embarrassing. *ahem* I had to carry this stupid pack around with me all day. (Traveler's tip: there are no lockers in Penn Station.)
  • There is a Lush in NYC. This was probably the best discovery since Lewis and Clark went canoeing.
  • Scarves in Sak's Fifth Ave must be infinitely superior to scarves anywhere else because they cost $400. Rent or a scarf, reeeent or a scaaaaarf?
  • My Grandmom was a really cool girl in her day.
Enjoy the pictures.

posted by LoRi~fLoWer
Permalink
1 Comments:
  • At 1:27 PM, Blogger bella said…

    I am so glad to hear you had a wonderful time!! And yes... the cost of NYC is ridiculous, but we are used to it I guess. I actually live 20 minutes from the city in Westchester which is also expensive. But I love it here and really can't see me moving from this area... financially challenging and all! Love the pictures. Thanks for sharing :) PS: Go grandma!!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Lori~Flower

Home: Eastern PA, United States

"Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same" --The Fray

My Ecosystem Details
Blogs in my Cycle of Song
Archives
Feeding my Gossip Addiction
Stuff You'll Never Look At

My blog is best viewed with Firefox. It's better and it's FREE!
Get Firefox!

Free Blogger Templates


I'm an A-list Blogebrity


BLOGGER




Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.