Photographs
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Lori~Flower. Make your own badge here.
Writing Tripe Since 2004
BlogYear in Review 2005

BlogYear in Review 2006
Previous Posts
Tags

Friday, December 10, 2004
Muh: A Ramble
Last night I was supposed to meet my friend Cara in Chestnut Hill (a surprisingly quaint and nice place to shop, considering it's a section of Philly) for dinner and some window/Christmas shopping. It ended up being rainy and really blechy out, so we decided to reschedule.

I ended up just going home and hanging out with myself all night. This doesn't really bother me. I've never really had a problem with staying in more than I go out or spending time alone. Sometime I wonder if I should have a problem with it. For instance, my housemate came home, went out, came home, and went out again at around 10pm and came home around 2am I think. To me, coming in that late on a regular basis (which she does) on a night when I have to work the next morning (which she does) just means walking around the whole next day feeling grumpy, and unpleasantly like all I want to do is sleep. But she seems happy. She has a ton of friends, mainly guys, her mobile phone is always ringing, etc... As a young woman, should I want this?

I'd say I have about 5 close friends that I hang out with on a semi-frequent basis. None of them really know each other, so I'm usually hanging out with one at a time. This suits me and my personality well, I think. Of course I have a longer set of acquaintances...Blah blah blah.

Sometimes I wonder, though. As in, yes, you should "consider your life happy and on track even if it doesn't involve a mortgage or a man," and I'm not terribly worried about the mortgage part. But a man would be nice. I have a sneaking suspicion that you have to go out to meet people. Everyone will tell you "it's when you stop looking that it always happens." Well that's all well and good, but somehow I don't think a guy is going to come knock on my door and ask to sit next to me while I knit scarves in my flannel pajamas.

The last time I went out out, some over-hairsprayed, big haired, New Jersey chick thought I was cramping her humping style on the dance floor and poured her beer over my shoulder. This is not fun. I did not meet any guys.

We all know, or can guess, how my Match.com experiences went...

So I stay in, occasionally meeting a friend for dinner or trolling a bookstore. I think I am doomed to singlehood.
posted by LoRi~fLoWer
Permalink
1 Comments:
  • At 1:40 PM, Blogger bella said…

    I'm pretty much right there with you. Just last week I finally went out-out with a friend after meeting a mutual friend for dinner. She got to drinking more than usual and got a bit... well you know. So she would twist in a way that her back was to me and I could not hear anything being said to the guys sitting near us and it just turned me off the rest of the night, plus I had only a couple of drinks as I was driving and could not wait to go home to my puppy who pays me 100% attention!! Otherwise, it's usally a dinner/movie thing with her and other friends already married or single mom's... which really doesn't give much opportunity to meet someone. I really have not ventured into match.com although a few have suggested I should try. Ugh... I just get tired of it all.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Lori~Flower

Home: Eastern PA, United States

"Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same" --The Fray

My Ecosystem Details
Blogs in my Cycle of Song
Archives
Feeding my Gossip Addiction
Stuff You'll Never Look At

My blog is best viewed with Firefox. It's better and it's FREE!
Get Firefox!

Free Blogger Templates


I'm an A-list Blogebrity


BLOGGER




Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.