Photographs
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Lori~Flower. Make your own badge here.
Writing Tripe Since 2004
BlogYear in Review 2005

BlogYear in Review 2006
Previous Posts
Tags

Wednesday, February 09, 2005
Keeps me going...
I like quotes. I have quotes hanging up all over my office. And once a week, when I send out my progress report, I always stick a quote in the email. People here actually look forward to it, which is kinda cool.

But underneath my desk, on the side of my filing cabinet that's near my right leg I have quotes for just me to see. Curious? Well I'm in a moooooshy sort of sharing-type mood. So Ok. (I wonder if those of you who come here looking for my Dorothy Parker-esque wit have been sorely disappointed lately...I'll try to be funny later.) Here we go:

It's going to hurt, it just is. You just have to get through the hurting as best you can and deal with things the way you think is right. And hope tomorrow will get better. --a friend

My theory is this...no matter how not serious you are planning for a realationship-type thing to be, the beginning should be exciting and can't-get-enough. That's what I want, that's what I'm good enough for. His amibivalence and lackadaisical attitude are not what I had in mind. Why should I settle, especially for something that wasn't serious in the first place.
--Lori, on an especially horrid online dating experience.

Kiss your past goodbye.
--Aerosmith

Bring a sense of stability to your ever-fluctuating emotions, Lori. Spend time with people who can help bring you down to Earth and try to sift through your thoughts in a rational, logical, and practical manner. You will find that the more stable you are, the better you will be positioned to receive the love that you deserve. Realize that you don't always have to run out and get it. Love will come to you. --uncannily good advice from a horoscope on MSN.

The power of not knowing and letting go.
--(ahem) Jennifer Lopez

My heart gets bigger every time it gets broken. It means I'm alive.
--Maya Angelou

And all I want is not to need you now.
--Dashboard Confessional

Seems these days I can't feel anything unless it cuts me right down to the bone.
--David Gray

When did you stop dancing?
When did you stop singing?
When did you stop being enchanted by stories?
When didi you stop finding comfort in the sweet territory of silence?
--online sermon from a Unitarian minsiter

You may be deceived if you trust too much, but you will live in torment if you do not trust enough.
--Frank Crane

Maybe I ain't used to maybes smashing in a cold room cutting my
hands up every time I touch you
Maybe maybe it's time to wave goodbye now
Time to wave goodbye now.
--Tori Amos

Of all forms of caution, caution in love is perhaps the most fatal to true happiness.
--Bertrand Russell

No matter what we have come through, or how many perils we have safely passed, or how many imperfect and jagged--in some places perhaps irreparably--our life has been, we cannot in our heart of hearts imagine how it could have been different. As we look back on it, it slips in behind us in orderly array, and, with all its mistakes, acquires a sort of eternal fitness, and even, at times, of poetic glamour.
--Randolph Silliman Bourne

I love that you get cold when it's 71 degrees out. I love that it takes you an hour and a half to order a sandwich. I love that you get a little crinkle in your nose when you're looking at me like I'm nuts. I love that after I spend the day with you I can still smell your perfume on my clothes. And I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night. And it's not because I'm lonely, and it's not because it's New Year's Eve. I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.
--Harry, When Harry Met Sally

The first law of Thermodynamics is the Conservation of Energy, which states that energy can neither be created nor destroyed.
--science textbook



posted by LoRi~fLoWer
Permalink
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Lori~Flower

Home: Eastern PA, United States

"Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same" --The Fray

My Ecosystem Details
Blogs in my Cycle of Song
Archives
Feeding my Gossip Addiction
Stuff You'll Never Look At

My blog is best viewed with Firefox. It's better and it's FREE!
Get Firefox!

Free Blogger Templates


I'm an A-list Blogebrity


BLOGGER




Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.