Photographs
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Lori~Flower. Make your own badge here.
Writing Tripe Since 2004
BlogYear in Review 2005

BlogYear in Review 2006
Previous Posts
Tags

Monday, May 02, 2005
A List of Things I Learned in NYC this weekend
  1. When my grandmother was christened as an infant she was given a pretty gold locket with her initials on it. She bought a new chain for it and gave it to me. It's 82 years old.
  2. I apparently have a "hope chest" and my gram just finished a baby blanket it for it. (Keep hoping Grandma).
  3. If you show up early to a meeting place, scope it out and make sure the other person hasn't shown up early, too, but is just sitting in a different place.
  4. You can't really walk comfortably with an umbrella in Manhattan on a Saturday, especially not when you are walking beside someone.
  5. New Yorkers don't look behind them when they walk through a door to make sure no one is behind them. (Where I come from, you hold the door open for the person behind you, even if you have to wait for a second.)
  6. If things were right in the world TAB would have a girlfriend. He'd take good care of one.
  7. He's probably not a misogynist.
  8. I don't like being interrupted.
  9. I don't have any hobbies. I probably should do something about that.
  10. If you stand up in front of hundreds of people and ask to eat Mila Kunis's poo, there's probably something very wrong with you. If you're Seth Green and you riff off that comment all night long, you probably want to eat Mila Kunis's poo too, but were afraid to ask her.
  11. It's good to laugh.
  12. Seth McFarlane may say he's thankful to the fans who brought back Family Guy, but he doesn't act like it.
  13. When you are eating lunch at a diner in Middle Village on a Sunday afternoon, do not look out the big plate glass window, because you may see a guy get out of the backseat of a car and throw up by the parking meter.
  14. Rice pudding doesn't taste as good after you've seen someone puke.
  15. When you get in from seeing Family Guy Live at 2am, and then go to church with your grandma at 8am, and then drive for 2 hours, your eyes will feel like lead paperweights and you'll fall asleep around 8pm.
posted by LoRi~fLoWer
Permalink
5 Comments:
  • At 7:46 AM, Blogger T.A.B. said…

    My follow-up:

    1. That's a very cool thing. Treasure that locket.
    2. When she says "hope chest", she means her hope, not yours.
    3. Yeah, 40 minutes in the same place is kind of a long time. We'll know better for when next we meet.
    4. Umbrellas and crowds don't mix.
    5. It's the culture. If I did that, then I apologize for my rudeness.
    6. Thank you. I very much appreciate the compliment.
    7. You're ruining my reputation now. ;)
    8. Again, if it was me (and I can be long-winded sometimes), I apologize.
    9. Yes. Hobbies are cool.
    10. I can't believe people ruined the opportunity to ask real questions to these people with a question like that. It takes all kinds. Seth Green seems like a cool guy.
    11. Indeed.
    12. Indeed (see my blog for more details).
    13, 14, and 15: I'm glad you had a good trip here (vomitting aside) and had a safe trip home (exhaustion aside). I was very pleased to meet you and hope we can do something together again sometime.

     
  • At 7:51 AM, Blogger LoRi~fLoWer said…

    Re: #5
    This was a general and not a specific observation!!

     
  • At 8:56 AM, Blogger Mariasha said…

    Sounds like that's one place I don't want to go :/

    Nice post though :)

     
  • At 11:31 AM, Blogger LoRi~fLoWer said…

    No, I'm only going to get to see the hope chest when a) I get engaged b)my grandma dies. Since "a)" seems highly unlikely and I don't want "b)" to happen, I think I'm S.O.L.

     
  • At 1:11 PM, Blogger bella said…

    How does the song go? IIIIII looove NY. I live in Westchester and am only 20-30 minutes away from the city. Of course as all major cities, we have big crowds that go at a faster pace... that's part of the energy I love. And rude people can be found everywhere, especially in major cities. And um, yea... I gave up on the umbrella when it's raining too! In fact, if I can avoid the city when it rains, I do. But it's an awesome city... really, it is.

    How cool about the locket... I'm sentimental that way :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Lori~Flower

Home: Eastern PA, United States

"Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same" --The Fray

My Ecosystem Details
Blogs in my Cycle of Song
Archives
Feeding my Gossip Addiction
Stuff You'll Never Look At

My blog is best viewed with Firefox. It's better and it's FREE!
Get Firefox!

Free Blogger Templates


I'm an A-list Blogebrity


BLOGGER




Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.