Photographs
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Lori~Flower. Make your own badge here.
Writing Tripe Since 2004
BlogYear in Review 2005

BlogYear in Review 2006
Previous Posts
Tags

Wednesday, May 18, 2005
Revenge
The first bar was too quiet, so after one beer Jenni and Beth headed to their local haunt. There would be a crowd there, and the beer was better anyway. The 45-minute drive back to their hometown flew by while they sang loudly along with their CDs and made each other laugh with silly voices.

Jenni and Beth were still laughing as they made their way up the steps to Galileo's. Suddenly Beth stopped short, staring. "Oh my God," she said, too loudly. Jenni looked up, saw what Beth had seen and grabbed Beth's arm, dragging her into the bar. They plopped dazedly onto some barstools.

"That was him, wasn't it? That was Bill." Beth asked.

Jenni nodded. "I want to hit him. I have to do something. God he's such an asshole, I have to do something."

"But you don't even like Rissa anymore, do you?" Beth asked.

"No, but that doesn't change what he did. He needs to have something really bad happen to him, he needs to have it happen tonight, and I need to be the cause of it. He took advantage of the fact that Rissa was deaf. He took advantage of the fact that she was having trouble with her husband and her life."

Beth sighed and snuck a glance over her beer list. "Bill's just sitting laughing with his friends. Don't you think he recognized us?"

Jenni started to get up. "I'm going to go over there and hit him, I mean it. We might have to leave quick."

She would have done it, too, if Beth hadn't grabbed her arms. You can't hit him, Jen. I'm wearing heels, I can't help; I won't even be able to run. Think of something you can do that won't ban us evermore from Galileo's. I know he's a dick, but seriously. I'll help you think of something else to do."

They discussed a few things amongst themselves. Rehashing the events that had led to this need for revenge.

"And when she called to tell him she was pregnant and needed money, he wouldn't help. He blocked all her numbers, her email, her instant messenger, everything. She was wrong, too, but she was my friend. I wonder how many other girls he's done this to. I wonder what sort of diseases he's passed around," growled Jenni.

"That's it," said Beth, "an STD. We'll tell him that Rissa has an STD."

Jenni laughed, "No, one better. Watch this. When I walk past you, get up and leave. Don't look back."

Jenni got up and walked over to Bill. He looked up, surprised. He barely got out a "hey" before Jenni leaned in toward him.

"I don't like you, and you know why. But I feel like I have to tell you. Rissa is HIV positive. So you should probably get checked out." She thumped him on the shoulder like an old pal, straightened up and walked past Beth who was looking in the other direction. Beth quickly slid off her stool and they headed out the door.

As they drove away, Jenni said. "He might think I'm joking, but somewhere in the back of his mind there'll be the seed of doubt. He'll have to go get tested. I hope he has an agonizing night tonight thinking about having HIV and all the other girls he'll have to tell. And I hope it takes a long time for him to get back his test results."

Beth sighed and stared out of her window. As revenge goes, did this go too far?
posted by LoRi~fLoWer
Permalink
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Lori~Flower

Home: Eastern PA, United States

"Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same" --The Fray

My Ecosystem Details
Blogs in my Cycle of Song
Archives
Feeding my Gossip Addiction
Stuff You'll Never Look At

My blog is best viewed with Firefox. It's better and it's FREE!
Get Firefox!

Free Blogger Templates


I'm an A-list Blogebrity


BLOGGER




Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.