Photographs
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Lori~Flower. Make your own badge here.
Writing Tripe Since 2004
BlogYear in Review 2005

BlogYear in Review 2006
Previous Posts
Tags

Monday, September 27, 2004
Chopsticks and Chance
Ok. So not a bad date. Nothing went horribly wrong, for once. Well except I had to go to the mall to get a black top and ended up getting home when I should have been leaving for the date. I called him and said I was just getting home from work...which I figured was a pretty harmless lie, all things considered. And I only ended up being about 10 minutes late.

So first thing I noticed was that I have at least 3 inches on him and I'm not wearing heels. -5 points. I'd tend to make it more, but it's not his fault. Maybe a bit less if he'd been honest, I swear his profile said 5'8. Other than that, he's a nice looking guy. Typically American, you know...

I'm not going to re-hash every minute but...
Pulling out my chair +5 (so he's back with a clean slate again)
Smile +2 (good teeth)
Eyes? A light variation of brown, I think, although the light was odd in there +1
The obvious trying to check out my tits, flattering but -1 (as the outfit was not conducive)
The fact that it was obvious he liked what he saw +7
However, the "looking deep into my eyes" thing was kind of creepy on a first date...-1 if it had only been once, but it was more than that and made me uncomfortable so -3
For taking me someplace nice that required reservations +5
For staring when I was trying to eat sushi for the first time -1
For the full-on rant about how wonderful lobster is -1
(That would have been more, but he's from Maine, so allowances must be made)
For saying "if you want to" when I offered to help pay -5
And other for saying "if you want to" when I offered to put it on my card -5
He should maybe get points for giving me $40 of a $70 bill but I don't think so.
For the fairly good conversation at my car +2
For not trying to kiss me +3
For a nice hug +1
Props but no points for sneaking in another hug when I said something funny.

All in all, I don't think I want to see him again. I would have, but that check thing was really a red flag. First date, guy pays. Woman politely offers to pay her own share--man adamently refuses or says something along the lines of you can buy me ice cream/dessert.

So he got a+6 (check my math, I suck.) But how do I rate my behavior?

+5 for looking v. cute and stylish with a fitted jean blazer over a black camisole with a green and black "zebra" skirt
-3 for being late
+2 for calling to say I was running late
+5 for keeping conversation going and being funny
-2 for not being able to hold his eyes when I knew he was doing that "look"
-1 for incompetant use of chopsticks
+4 for eating raw fish
+3 for offering to pay
-5 for saying, just as an excuse to get in the car and go, "I really have to potty"
That's a 10 for me...of course :O )
posted by LoRi~fLoWer
Permalink
3 Comments:
  • At 8:04 AM, Blogger LoRi~fLoWer said…

    From a colleague:

    Not that you asked -





    +5 for looking v. cute and stylish with a fitted jean blazer over a black camisole with a green and black "zebra" skirt
    -3 for being late ***(-5…..late IS LATE)***
    +2 for calling to say I was running late ***(+2.5)***
    +5 for keeping conversation going and being funny ****( was it you doing all the work???)***
    -2 for not being able to hold his eyes when I knew he was doing that "look" ***(OK)****
    -1 for incompetant use of chopsticks ****(no minus – good conversation topic)****
    +4 for eating raw fish ****(only if you don’t like it – 0…..did he get any points for that??)****
    +3 for offering to pay (ok – but +5 for actually contributing)
    -5 for saying, just as an excuse to get in the car and go, "I really have to potty" ****(lame excuse – but appropirately scored)****
    That's a 10 for me...of course :O )

    ***I get 5.5, maybe I am a little tough***

     
  • At 9:32 AM, Blogger Bev said…

    thanks for sharing this! It made me smile.....and unfortunately remember some of my more interesting meetings!!!

     
  • At 12:15 PM, Blogger LoRi~fLoWer said…

    Yay, someone that I don't know is reading my blog! Thanks for reading anc comments...and enjoying. Hope you visit again soon!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Lori~Flower

Home: Eastern PA, United States

"Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same" --The Fray

My Ecosystem Details
Blogs in my Cycle of Song
Archives
Feeding my Gossip Addiction
Stuff You'll Never Look At

My blog is best viewed with Firefox. It's better and it's FREE!
Get Firefox!

Free Blogger Templates


I'm an A-list Blogebrity


BLOGGER




Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.