Photographs
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Lori~Flower. Make your own badge here.
Writing Tripe Since 2004
BlogYear in Review 2005

BlogYear in Review 2006
Previous Posts
Tags

Monday, November 08, 2004
Into Every Life an Average Weekend Must Fall
Nothing remotely interesting happened to me this weekend. It wasn't a bad weekend, but it also wasn't a weekend to engender witticisms. I went to a used book sale, which is where I think I want to go when I die. I left with my arms full and only $3.75 poorer. I sleep with at least four books in my bed at all times, never know what kind of a reading mood I'm going to be in. Come to think of it, that explains the corner shaped bruises on my torso.

When I got home I sorted them into piles according to genre and how much I want to read them. Then I sort of just sat on the couch and looked at the piles lovingly, and inhaled that wonderful old paper smell for a while. Then I re-arranged them according to length and if I'd read anything by that author before. More piles, but smaller. I looked at those for a while too, and pondered how good it is to be able to read any book I want to. Then I thought about how I actually miss dissecting the books with my classmates, doing research, and writing papers. I also thought about how much I detested it when I was doing it, and wondered if that was a real example of irony or just another Alanis Morrissette song. I pondered leaving all my books in piles on the floor since I'm running out of shelf space and I can't bear to get rid of any of them. Went to kitchen, got a drink, came back, tripped on pile of books.

Put all books back in bag except for Fathers and Sons by Ivan Turngenev. I finished that up this morning. It was good. Funny to think that he was almost put on trial for having nihilist sympathies when it is obvious that his nihilist characters find that nihilism goes against their own human natures and they either suffer for it or abandon it.

What else. I test drove a 1999 Subarau Legacy SUS (Sport Utility Sedan) now called the Outback Sedan. I really liked it. It was green and had a scooped out hood, a spoiler, and a moonroof. I was seriously considering getting it. But then I thought it would be kind of silly to spend all that money on a car that is older than the one I have now and only has 8,000 less miles on it, even if it was sexy. I probably shouldn't have named her. Goodbye Rachel, I hope whoever buys you takes good care of you. I'm going to test drive a Forester tonight. 2000, less miles, but the same price. We'll see. Most of the time I don't mind being single and fatherless, but car shopping is one of those times when I feel very small and inexperienced. I've done some research though, and I even know what a horizontally opposed engine is. NHTSA has no recalls out on any Foresters, either. And they got a 4-star crash test rating. So we'll see.

Anyway, next weekend is my birthday. Well it's really Sunday, but I deserve a whole weekend; however, I don't have any exciting plans. Any suggestions?

People say that life is the thing, but I prefer reading.
--Logan Pearsall Smith (1865 - 1946)
posted by LoRi~fLoWer
Permalink
2 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Lori~Flower

Home: Eastern PA, United States

"Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same" --The Fray

My Ecosystem Details
Blogs in my Cycle of Song
Archives
Feeding my Gossip Addiction
Stuff You'll Never Look At

My blog is best viewed with Firefox. It's better and it's FREE!
Get Firefox!

Free Blogger Templates


I'm an A-list Blogebrity


BLOGGER




Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.