Photographs
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Lori~Flower. Make your own badge here.
Writing Tripe Since 2004
BlogYear in Review 2005

BlogYear in Review 2006
Previous Posts
Tags

Monday, July 17, 2006
My British Network

...which I think consists of two people.

About 2 or 3 weeks ago I purchased plane tickets. I fly into Manchester on November 10th and leave from there on the 17th. In between there falls the momentous occasion of my 30th birthday.

So with the way everything worked out, it looks like this is going to be a solo trip. I'd like to kind of do a literary journey and visit the Bronte house, Jane Austen's house (does this exist?), etc. But I'm entirely open to ideas. I've got 10 days to kill and I need help.

I need cheap places to stay and cheap/free/ or pricey but extremely interesting places to visit. They don't need to be in the Manchester area.

Suggestions please...Pash, Coffee Lover, I'm a talkin' to YOU specifically and anyone else who has any good ideas. I know my bloggers won't let me down.
posted by LoRi~fLoWer
Permalink
4 Comments:
  • At 10:53 AM, Blogger Sally said…

    Gosh, I'd go with you and share the cost of rooms if I could afford to go/had someone to watch the kid while hubby worked. I hope you plan a fun itinerary and make it memorable for yourself!

     
  • At 11:34 AM, Blogger Becky said…

    Oooohh...I'm half-tempted to see if I can join you:) I'm pretty sure Austen's house is still around, as well as the many that have been featured in the film adaptations. Where is Manchester in relation to London?

     
  • At 12:34 PM, Blogger bella said…

    That sounds so cool and I can't wait to hear of all the place you will go :)

     
  • At 6:20 AM, Blogger Marie said…

    I vote for the British Bibrary. It's free, and it has lots of interesting literary things on display in the gallery. For example, the original Jane Austen's History of England, complete with her sister's drawings. It's open to the page about Mary Queen of Scots

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Lori~Flower

Home: Eastern PA, United States

"Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same" --The Fray

My Ecosystem Details
Blogs in my Cycle of Song
Archives
Feeding my Gossip Addiction
Stuff You'll Never Look At

My blog is best viewed with Firefox. It's better and it's FREE!
Get Firefox!

Free Blogger Templates


I'm an A-list Blogebrity


BLOGGER




Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.