Photographs
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Lori~Flower. Make your own badge here.
Writing Tripe Since 2004
BlogYear in Review 2005

BlogYear in Review 2006
Previous Posts
Tags

Monday, January 08, 2007
Another Dunkin Donuts Story
Some of my long-time readers may remember this Dunkin Donuts Story:

I woke up early today. With a thought of finding out about the new position, I dressed in pinstriped trousers and my rose-colored sweater that makes my skin look fab-u-lous. I did my hair. I took extra care with my make up. I strutted out of the house feeling oh-so professional, put together, and--dare I say it?--even pretty. And best of all, I still had time to stop and get coffee.

As I exited my car and strode confidently across the parking lot, I garnered an admiring glance from a cable guy or a telephone repairman. As I approached the outer door to Dunkin' Donuts, two men vied to hold open the door for me. "Damn," I thought, "I'm good." So I gave them my best movie star smile and said "Good Morning, thanks so much!" Brilliant, Lori, brilliant. I proceeded to head toward the inner door, stepped off the mat, slid the 3 feet across the lobby, smashed my knuckle against the glass door, and ended with my face smeared across the plate glass , gripping the door handle like a drowning woman holds onto a life buoy. My vain hope that nobody saw my acrobatics was quashed when I hauled myself upright and noticed that everyone inside the store had turned their heads my way at the sound of flesh hitting glass at high a velocity.

Brilliant, Lori, brilliant.

Well, this one is not a traumatic story. I just wanted to send a little shout out to my coffee man, Ray. Now that I am near a DD with a drive-thru, and thus have a reduced risk of slamming my face into plate glass, I go nearly every morning. And nearly every morning there is Ray, smiling at me. He smiles at everyone, I think, but Ray remembers me. And he sees me and says "Oh! Hi Ma'am!" Like it wouldn't be a good day if he had not seen me. And when he hands me my usual Medium with Cream and a Splenda he always says "Here you go. See you later." The past week or so, Ray wasn't there, and every day was a little more wrinkled. But this morning he was back!

So Ray, if you read blogs, which I somehow doubt, and you happen to come across this one (which I doubt greatly), I just want you to know that you make my morning. Not only do you keep me caffeinated, but you start my day off with a smile, and that's definitely worth more than they are paying you.
posted by LoRi~fLoWer
Permalink
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Lori~Flower

Home: Eastern PA, United States

"Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same" --The Fray

My Ecosystem Details
Blogs in my Cycle of Song
Archives
Feeding my Gossip Addiction
Stuff You'll Never Look At

My blog is best viewed with Firefox. It's better and it's FREE!
Get Firefox!

Free Blogger Templates


I'm an A-list Blogebrity


BLOGGER




Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.