Photographs
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Lori~Flower. Make your own badge here.
Writing Tripe Since 2004
BlogYear in Review 2005

BlogYear in Review 2006
Previous Posts
Tags

Monday, November 29, 2004
Wealth is Double-Edged Sword
Recently I came into a little bit of money. It's not a lot, really, but my checking account has rarely seen amounts with 4 digits, so it seems like a lot to me. Unfortunately, most of it is accounted for: I'm going to do the responsible thing and put the majority of it toward my credit debt. Not a fun way to use it, but hey, I must have had fun using the credit card, right? Not that I even remember what I bought at this point.

A small part of the money will be spent on a plane ticket. Now listen carefully, because here is where the double-edge comes in. Two people, well actually a group of people and then another separate person have been hoping I would come visit. One is my friend Paul in England. I'd love to spend some time with him, and going to England post-breakup is a very important step for me, I think. My Austinites have also been clamouring. I haven't been back to Austin since I moved in August of 2001. I miss them, including monkeybro.

Now ususally, as I have stated in other posts, I can find a ticket to Heathrow for quite a bit less than one to Austin. Now that Southwest is flying out out of Philly (Phlying out of Philly?) I can get a ticket for $99 each way to Austin. The ticket into London was around $400. The trip to England also requires more time off work. I think, this time, Austin wins. I'm just afraid that Paul is going to be mad at me, or think that I don't really want to come. I just can't use up $400 of that money when I have debts to pay off. I hope he understands.

I'll still keep my eye on flights into the UK, I promise. And I'll start saving.
posted by LoRi~fLoWer
Permalink
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Lori~Flower

Home: Eastern PA, United States

"Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same" --The Fray

My Ecosystem Details
Blogs in my Cycle of Song
Archives
Feeding my Gossip Addiction
Stuff You'll Never Look At

My blog is best viewed with Firefox. It's better and it's FREE!
Get Firefox!

Free Blogger Templates


I'm an A-list Blogebrity


BLOGGER




Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.