Photographs
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Lori~Flower. Make your own badge here.
Writing Tripe Since 2004
BlogYear in Review 2005

BlogYear in Review 2006
Previous Posts
Tags

Wednesday, December 01, 2004
Clickety Clack
That's the sound my knitting needles make when I really get going. I learned how to knit two years ago, before it got really trendy and all the stars started doing it in between filming scenes. I started it about the same time I went on Weight Watchers and it was a really good device for keeping me from hitting the fridge. You can't really eat and knit at the same time, because you need both hands, you see. It helped quite a bit on those long winter nights when all there is to do is watch TV.

I am currently knitting a scarf for my grandma, at her request. This role reversal I find quite amusing. I don't have much time as I am going to see her next weekend, so I'm using my biggest fattest needles and soft fluffy yarn and making a nice lacey scarf that's getting long very quickly. I think she'll like it, it's really light.

It's not your grandma's yarn anymore though, let me tell you. I've paid $20 for a skein of something fuzzy with sparkles. And the good stuff doesn't come in those big skeins, it comes in little balls of which you need 10 to do anything. Still, I've been to some craft shows lately, and I think if I got going on some simple scarves I could make some good money. Unfortunately, my attention span for knitting wavers quite a bit.

I think I'll try to knit something for my Austinites before I go out there. I had promised monkeybro a sweater, but he might have to settle for a scarf.

Speaking of my brothers, I haven't heard anything from my other brother since Mom told me that he and my sister-in-law had separated. I know he'd been visiting monkeybro for a while, and I'm glad that they got to spend some time together. I suppose I should call him, since I do have his cell phone number, but it's hard. I'm his baby sister and he's not going to want to talk to me about what's going on with his marriage. But if I do call it's just going to be there hanging over everything that we talk about, won't it? I mean, what do I know about marriage or loving someone past that initial intense attraction, past having kids, past having a mortgage. Nothing. I can't offer him anything but the fact that I love him and I'm sad that he's going through all of this. I miss him. I wish he would call me, but I know he won't.
posted by LoRi~fLoWer
Permalink
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Lori~Flower

Home: Eastern PA, United States

"Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same" --The Fray

My Ecosystem Details
Blogs in my Cycle of Song
Archives
Feeding my Gossip Addiction
Stuff You'll Never Look At

My blog is best viewed with Firefox. It's better and it's FREE!
Get Firefox!

Free Blogger Templates


I'm an A-list Blogebrity


BLOGGER




Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.