Photographs
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Lori~Flower. Make your own badge here.
Writing Tripe Since 2004
BlogYear in Review 2005

BlogYear in Review 2006
Previous Posts
Tags

Tuesday, April 26, 2005
You know what's really annoying?
I'm really getting annoyed with the voice mail service that most mobile phone companies offer. Why why why after we hear our friend say "I can't get the phone, please leave a message," do we need to hear some robotic woman recite options we never have used, never will use, and don't need to know about? If you call me, and get my voicemail, you get my message (something witty, yet understated, usually) then this:

To page this person press 5 now.

Then it beeps. That's not so bad.

Some of my friends' voicemails say more like: To leave a voice message, wait for the tone. (gee, thanks, what would I do without you?), to leave a numeric page press 5, to activate this person's homing device press star star, or to find out what this person is wearing out tonight press star 7.

This is but one example of companies treating you like you have the intelligence of a inbred howler monkey. And that's probably insulting the monkey.
posted by LoRi~fLoWer
Permalink
1 Comments:
  • At 2:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Most voicemail boxes give you the option to turn all that off... so, blame the owner of the cell phone.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Lori~Flower

Home: Eastern PA, United States

"Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same" --The Fray

My Ecosystem Details
Blogs in my Cycle of Song
Archives
Feeding my Gossip Addiction
Stuff You'll Never Look At

My blog is best viewed with Firefox. It's better and it's FREE!
Get Firefox!

Free Blogger Templates


I'm an A-list Blogebrity


BLOGGER




Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.