Photographs
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Lori~Flower. Make your own badge here.
Writing Tripe Since 2004
BlogYear in Review 2005

BlogYear in Review 2006
Previous Posts
Tags

Monday, April 25, 2005
You mean I have to give her back???
Bailey is a small black dog with big brown doe eyes and the cutest ears that sometimes can't make up their mind whether to flop over or stand straight up. She's got a white patch on her chest, one on her belly (which she loves to have scratched) and a little on one of her back paws. When she's excited and she wags her tail, her whole butt shakes.

I think she's a very well-trained dog. The best thing they've taught her is that she can only come up when and where she's invited. So even if she was just sitting next to you on the couch, but got down to get a drink of water, she won't come back up unless you tell her it's OK. She's good on a leash, but she doesn't really need to be on one. She's a bit shy until she gets to know you. She doesn't warm up to men as easily as she does women. If I could clone her, I would have my dog tomorrow!

When they brought her over on Friday night she wasn't walking on one of her front paws at all. You could tell the muscle was really stiff and sore. They had just taken her to the vet and found out she had gotten Lyme's Disease from a tick (despite being on flea and tick medication!), and it would periodically flare up and make her muscles sore. So I've been giving her an antibiotic twice a day (wrapped up in a piece of hard salami). And while her foot still looked sore, I gave her an Advil every 6 or 8 hours. She was back putting all her weight on that leg again by late Saturday night. Perhaps partly due to the fact that I sat and held a heating pad on her shoulder off and on for like 2 hours on Friday night.

Her parents are probably going to have my head because I've been letting her sleep in bed with me. Hey, I'm only one girl, and it's kind of comforting, even when she starts snoring.

She stuck pretty close to either me or Cavi at the BBQ on Saturday. But on Sunday, we drove to Cavi's parent's house for brunch. They live about an hour and a half away. As soon as we got onto the highway Bailey settled right down. She was sitting up facing the window with her head leaning against the backseat. Too cute! Cavi's parents have two dogs, one is Bailey's size and one is a Great Dane. Bailey and Lizzie the Great Dane had a wonderful time tearing around the backyard like maniacs. (That's when I knew her leg was totally better!) I think it's really good for dogs to get to socialize with each other. Especially in a big fenced in area. It's not the first time Bailey has met Lizzie, and they remembered each other. The first time there were a few tense moments while they sniffed each other out.

I took a bunch of pictures but I forgot to bring the camera with me today. Hopefully I'll post them tomorrow or Wednesday. I really like having her around. She's with my mom today, but I think she'll be going home tonight. I might have spoiled her a tiny bit, but it was really just to make her feel comfortable, right?
posted by LoRi~fLoWer
Permalink
1 Comments:
  • At 2:20 PM, Blogger bella said…

    "I might have spoiled her a tiny bit, but it was really just to make her feel comfortable, right?" .... ABSOLUTELY! I agree 100%!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Lori~Flower

Home: Eastern PA, United States

"Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same" --The Fray

My Ecosystem Details
Blogs in my Cycle of Song
Archives
Feeding my Gossip Addiction
Stuff You'll Never Look At

My blog is best viewed with Firefox. It's better and it's FREE!
Get Firefox!

Free Blogger Templates


I'm an A-list Blogebrity


BLOGGER




Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.