Photographs
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Lori~Flower. Make your own badge here.
Writing Tripe Since 2004
BlogYear in Review 2005

BlogYear in Review 2006
Previous Posts
Tags

Friday, April 22, 2005
So it's Friday
I'm supposed to be going out tonight into the city. It's for a girlfriend's birthday. We all know how I feel about Philadelphia, but still it's a chance to get out and meet new people and have what is commonly known as "fun." Why am I not looking forward to it? Seriously, I think there is something wrong with me. We're going here (sorry about the annoying music if you have speakers).

Part of my problem, I think, is that we're not all supposed to meet up until 10. Yes, I'm more of an early to bed, early to rise kind of person, even on the weekends; but I can stay out late with the best of them when the situation arises. However, I'd rather get started around 8, say with dinner first. If I'm still home at 9.30, my body starts to go into schmoop mood, whereupon it craves flannel pajama bottoms, popcorn, and a good book. And it's quite persistent about it. It will hate me for thrusting it back out into the world of meaningless chit-chat, and guys with beer goggles. Sometimes I feel very old.

And what could be more fun than circling the city 2,500,000,000,000,000,000 times to find a parking space that isn't $40? And while I'm at it, why the hell do the trains stop at midnight on a weekend night? What is that?

Sorry, I'm sure when I get out there I'll have a good time. It's a Friday and a payday after all, right? And I want my friend to have a really great birthday, which, obviously, she couldn't do if I don't show up.
posted by LoRi~fLoWer
Permalink
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Lori~Flower

Home: Eastern PA, United States

"Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same" --The Fray

My Ecosystem Details
Blogs in my Cycle of Song
Archives
Feeding my Gossip Addiction
Stuff You'll Never Look At

My blog is best viewed with Firefox. It's better and it's FREE!
Get Firefox!

Free Blogger Templates


I'm an A-list Blogebrity


BLOGGER




Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.