Photographs
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Lori~Flower. Make your own badge here.
Writing Tripe Since 2004
BlogYear in Review 2005

BlogYear in Review 2006
Previous Posts
Tags

Tuesday, August 02, 2005
How I Manage to be Happy Most of the Time
We can all agree that existence can be pretty depressing at times. What with things that happen directly to us, things that happen in the world around us, and things that sit inside our head that haven't happened yet--but could--one could feel like drowning in misery most of the time.

But sometimes I'll be somewhere and this feeling of total well-being will envelop me, like a little gift from God. Like the other day I was driving into work on the first cool morning after a month long heat wave. It was just barely misty, and the air smelled so wonderful. I drove past this bright white board fence, set against which were the greenest of green trees, wet grass, and mist rising off a pond. It was so beautiful and peaceful, and I realized that my little corner of the world is still beautiful and peaceful, and that made me quite lucky. For that moment, everything was perfect. I went on to my crazy day at work and somehow that little bit of peace stayed with me for the rest of the day.

The trick is, I think, to be open to those moments. They are gifts. As a wise friend of mine once said, "it's a hard thing to realize that we aren't owed happiness." But as soon as you can realize that fact, the moments in which you are happy mean more; you start to look out for them instead of just expecting them to come to you.
posted by LoRi~fLoWer
Permalink
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Lori~Flower

Home: Eastern PA, United States

"Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same" --The Fray

My Ecosystem Details
Blogs in my Cycle of Song
Archives
Feeding my Gossip Addiction
Stuff You'll Never Look At

My blog is best viewed with Firefox. It's better and it's FREE!
Get Firefox!

Free Blogger Templates


I'm an A-list Blogebrity


BLOGGER




Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.