Photographs
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Lori~Flower. Make your own badge here.
Writing Tripe Since 2004
BlogYear in Review 2005

BlogYear in Review 2006
Previous Posts
Tags

Monday, January 30, 2006
But see, I don't really *like* you
Those of you who are long time readers of my blog--all one of you, hi Bella!--may recall that when I was trying my hand at online dating I had some interesting experiences. One of which was going on 3 dates with a very nice boy, wondering why he hadn't even tried to touch me, say nothing about kiss me, and then having him tell me that he was gay. He said that he had wanted to put in one last ditch effort to be "normal" because he had always pictured himself settling in a nice little house with a wife and kids, but he just couldn't do it. He said that after seeing how nice I was and how much he thought we had in common he realized if he couldn't fake it with me, he couldn't fake it with anyone. (Which is really a nice compliment if you think about it.)

He and I stayed friends, emailing back and forth and occasionally going out to eat. It seemed like he felt like he really had a connection with me because I was the first person he told; and he really needed someone to talk to at that point about his worries over telling his parents, and all sorts of things. I was glad to be there for him at that difficult time in his life. Now he's got a boyfriend, his friends know and are supportive, his parents know and still love him although I guess they pretty much pretend they don't know. I was happy to be there for him, but the more times we had dinner I realized that his sexuality was really the only thing we talked about--at his prompting.

The thing is, I don't really want to hang out with him anymore, for the simple reason that I don't really enjoy it. He just recently emailed me and asked me to find a time when we could have dinner and I realized I was dreading trying to make time for him. He's very nice, but actually kind of a boring person in general, he has none of the personality traits that I would pick in my friends. We don't share any activities or hobbies in common, we don't have any mutual friends, we don't live in the same neighborhood, we don't read the same kind of books, we don't watch the same kind of TV.

Have any of you ever outgrown a friend who had not outgrown you? What did you do about it? Do I sound terribly selfish here? Having dinner with a nice guy is definitely not going to kill me, but at the same time, it's hard enough to find time to get together with my good friends. I feel horrid even writing that, but if you can't sound like a selfish egotistical bitch on your own blog, where can you?
posted by LoRi~fLoWer
Permalink
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Lori~Flower

Home: Eastern PA, United States

"Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same" --The Fray

My Ecosystem Details
Blogs in my Cycle of Song
Archives
Feeding my Gossip Addiction
Stuff You'll Never Look At

My blog is best viewed with Firefox. It's better and it's FREE!
Get Firefox!

Free Blogger Templates


I'm an A-list Blogebrity


BLOGGER




Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.