Photographs
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Lori~Flower. Make your own badge here.
Writing Tripe Since 2004
BlogYear in Review 2005

BlogYear in Review 2006
Previous Posts
Tags

Wednesday, October 04, 2006
The Game

I've been feeling more like my old self lately for various reasons. Yesterday I briefly pondered the idea of online dating again, perhaps eharmony (my friend's sister married someone she met on eharmony). But in the end I just couldn't do it.

I'm not sure if I'll ever be up for subjecting myself to the actual "dating" process again: The exchange of pictures that may or may not look like you or your date, the trite places to meet for the first time, the awkward conversations as you ask the same questions you asked another person last week and answer the same questions you've been asked a million times. At no other time do you have to keep explaining what you do at work, what your taste in music is, what hobbies you have, and how many siblings you claim than when you are dating. Just. Can't. Do. It.

The question becomes then, is there a way to avoid this? Ideally, I guess, I'd begin a relationship with someone I already had a connection with. There's a few people I'd consider for this but a) they are either taken or far away b) even if they weren't I'm not sure they'd consider me a very good prospect. I am little hard to handle.

So I guess for now I'm still out of the game until one of the guys I already know comes to his senses. . .or takes leave of them, depending on how you look at it.
posted by LoRi~fLoWer
Permalink
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Lori~Flower

Home: Eastern PA, United States

"Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same" --The Fray

My Ecosystem Details
Blogs in my Cycle of Song
Archives
Feeding my Gossip Addiction
Stuff You'll Never Look At

My blog is best viewed with Firefox. It's better and it's FREE!
Get Firefox!

Free Blogger Templates


I'm an A-list Blogebrity


BLOGGER




Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.