Photographs
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Lori~Flower. Make your own badge here.
Writing Tripe Since 2004
BlogYear in Review 2005

BlogYear in Review 2006
Previous Posts
Tags

Wednesday, January 05, 2005
It's a good thing I'm a girl not easily discouraged.
I didn't go to Weight Watchers last week because it was my only chance to meet my friend's Marine boyfriend before he shipped back off to Japan. At least that what was I rationalized myself into thinking was a reasonable excuse.

So today was my 4th week, but only the third time I've weighed in. I had forgotten that this was the first meeting of the new year. There was a line of people filling out first-time forms, asking questions, looking determined. A wife had dragged her husband kicking and screaming to join with her. I wonder what she had to promise him. To go to a power-tool convention of some sort, perhaps? There was a particularly high-strung woman buying not only a membership, but every tape, serving spoon, water bottle, cookbook, and snack food on offer. I had a brief moment of self-congratulation that I had been here before and wasn't a "resolutionist." I know from before that not many of them come back. But, as I said, it was a brief moment...more on that later.

Well, there was a line at the door, it stood to reason that there was a line for the scales. I really appreciate WW's approach to this weigh-in process. Nobody else can see anything, nobody really says anything besides "hi, how are you," unless you give them the go-ahead by saying something first. Still, I had my eye on the new people, not because I wanted to know how much they weighed, but because I like to see how different people approach the challenge of stepping on the scale. As the husband wife team approached the scale, he made a mad dash for the bathroom while she stepped on the scale. But she wasn't having any of that, she stood there until he came back out. "We're doing this together, " she kept saying. The high-strung woman had a hard time finding a place to put down her Weight Watchers paraphernalia before she stepped up to the plate. Then it was my turn. My approach? Take every ounce of clothing off that isn't required for decency, smile, get on the scale.

I wasn't really sure what to expect this time. I know that where I run into trouble is when I try to keep track of things in my head instead of writing them down. And I knew I had been doing just that. But I also thought, hey, 2 days of puking up everything I ate...surely there must be some benefit to that. I watched while she wrote down the exact weight I had been when I re-joined a month ago. Right. So much for that 3.6 pounds I had lost my first week.

Still. It's really not all that bad. Apparently, the average American gains 7 pounds over the holiday season. So staying the same is better than that right? But now the holidays are over, and it's time to get serious if this is what I really want to do.

I won't mention that I'll be in Texas with all that wondrous cheesy Mexican food all next week. We'll just cross that bridge when we come to it.




posted by LoRi~fLoWer
Permalink
1 Comments:
  • At 10:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Right there with you, WW buddy. As you already know, I completely understand your experience. --carat :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Lori~Flower

Home: Eastern PA, United States

"Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same" --The Fray

My Ecosystem Details
Blogs in my Cycle of Song
Archives
Feeding my Gossip Addiction
Stuff You'll Never Look At

My blog is best viewed with Firefox. It's better and it's FREE!
Get Firefox!

Free Blogger Templates


I'm an A-list Blogebrity


BLOGGER




Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.