Photographs
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Lori~Flower. Make your own badge here.
Writing Tripe Since 2004
BlogYear in Review 2005

BlogYear in Review 2006
Previous Posts
Tags

Monday, April 18, 2005
This is a test, this is only a test
Coincidently, I'm going to get a chance for the next two weeks to test my ability to live with a friend. It's kind of an odd situation (but then, what in my life isn't odd?) in that fact that we're both staying at my mother's house. But let me explain. Cavi, I believe I've blogged about some of our exploits before, is moving to California (boo, hiss). But her lease was up on the 15th, before she was quite ready to make the move. So she asked if she could stay with me and my roommate. It sounded like a good idea, but logistically it just wouldn't work out. Three women all trying to take showers in one bathroom before leaving for work. That's just a nightmare...and a possible fight. Oh, and Cavi would have had to sleep on the floor, too, so all in all it just worked out better to have us both transfer over to my mother's house where I have my own room, Cavi has a guest room, and my mom hangs out in her jammies until late anyway.

However, Cavi and I work together (not in the same department...or, as my one might say, not on the same "team"). So this means we will be spending alot of time together. We normally eat lunch together at work. We'll be driving there and back together. We'll be spending the evening together. So I hope we still end up being friends after 2 weeks. It should be OK. I am a girl who typically needs some alone time, though. Mostly, though, I'm looking forward to getting to spend time with her before she makes the big move.

Last night was the first night she stayed over. We went to Bahama Breeze for dinner and sat next to a couple that both had the most obnoxious laughs you ever heard. Laughter is normally such an uplifting thing, but these guys made me want to stick pencils in my ear and twist. I hope my laugh isn't annoying.

During the day yesterday I went on a 5.5 mile hike at French Creek State Park with my friend Cara. It was wonderful. Next time we'll do the loop in the opposite direction, though, because the last mile ended up being uphill! We brought lunch and sat on a hill overlooking Hopewell Furnace, which we came upon about halfway through the hike. Every time I go on a proper hike, I wonder why I don't do it more often. Maybe that should be my goal for this summer. A hike every weekend. It'd be so great to have a dog to hike with...maybe I can borrow this one?
posted by LoRi~fLoWer
Permalink
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Lori~Flower

Home: Eastern PA, United States

"Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same" --The Fray

My Ecosystem Details
Blogs in my Cycle of Song
Archives
Feeding my Gossip Addiction
Stuff You'll Never Look At

My blog is best viewed with Firefox. It's better and it's FREE!
Get Firefox!

Free Blogger Templates


I'm an A-list Blogebrity


BLOGGER




Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.