Photographs
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Lori~Flower. Make your own badge here.
Writing Tripe Since 2004
BlogYear in Review 2005

BlogYear in Review 2006
Previous Posts
Tags

Friday, April 01, 2005
Not all who wander are lost...some are just trying to annoy me
I'll admit that I have a bit of a road rage problem. Mainly I just sort of fume. My mother says I'm going to give myself an ulcer.

There are many kinds of drivers. Most I don't have a problem with. Some people are in a really big hurry to beat you to the next redlight. That's fine. I can understand that. Weave in and out of traffic all you want. If you hit me from the rear, I'll get money from your insurance company —and I'm not particularly fond of my car anyway. Typically, thse harried drivers aren't really bad drivers. They've honed their skills; they're masters at cutting you off with just enough room. I can live with them.

Then there are the "obeyers." They do exactly the speed limit. They leave the proper distance between cars. They don't turn right on red even when it's not illegal. These people are annoying, but usally easy to get around.

The ones that REALLY get to me are the wanderers. I don't know what they are doing in their cars—making tea? Filing their taxes? Reading?—but whatever it is, the fact that they are driving is secondary. They go really slow, suddenly remember they are driving, then speed up for a bit until they forget again. They make very slow right turns without signaling, first coming to a complete stop before they actually turn their steering wheel. They neglect to use turn lanes to make left turns, instead they just sort of wander off to the left. Quite often they can't seem to decide which lane they want to be in, so they just sort of straddle the middle or wander from one lane to the other. They are so unpredicatable that you can never be sure it's safe to pass them. The wanderers are the ones that have created my road rage issues. They are the ones burning a hole through the wall of my stomach.

Don't be a wanderer.
posted by LoRi~fLoWer
Permalink
3 Comments:
  • At 1:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    There's a special name for those drivers....'drunk'

     
  • At 11:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'll try to remember that when I actually start driving

     
  • At 6:16 PM, Blogger bella said…

    Just fyi, I've been trying to post comments forever now and hope it works this time since I'm home and I'm hoping that it's just something from work that I can no longer post or something... anyway.... I totally understand and agree. There are times I tell myself, "nobody made me the ruler of the streets, who do I think I am?!" Well, I'm me and I have no patience so... move!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Lori~Flower

Home: Eastern PA, United States

"Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same" --The Fray

My Ecosystem Details
Blogs in my Cycle of Song
Archives
Feeding my Gossip Addiction
Stuff You'll Never Look At

My blog is best viewed with Firefox. It's better and it's FREE!
Get Firefox!

Free Blogger Templates


I'm an A-list Blogebrity


BLOGGER




Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.