Photographs
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Lori~Flower. Make your own badge here.
Writing Tripe Since 2004
BlogYear in Review 2005

BlogYear in Review 2006
Previous Posts
Tags

Wednesday, April 13, 2005
Am I moving...again?
Tonight I'm having dinner with a friend (and a loyal reader of my blog...she says she lives vicariously through me, so she must be having a really boring time lately!) to decide if we want to become roommates in November.

This is a big deal for both of us. For her, she's never lived on her own (don't judge, trust me, she's got reasons). For me, I've never had a good friend as a roommate. We've known each other since the 2nd grade, too! I wouldn't want to ruin a friendship over who bought the last gallon of milk. On the other hand, I think it would be really great to have a roommate that would make dinner with you sometimes, maybe watch a movie together. AND she wouldn't object to my getting a dog, as long as it wasn't huge and overpowering.

I've written down a list of things that I want to make sure we go over: rent, cable, location, lease, furniture, dishes....etc. She has a list, too. So we're going to meet for Indian food and grill each other.

A large part of me wants to do this... My roommate now is probably the best I've had yet, but moving in with a friend is appealing. My house now, while only 20 minutes from work, is about an hour from all my friends, my mom, my doctor, etc. My longing for a dog cannot be pushed down much longer.

The other part of me is sighing at the thought of having to pack and move AGAIN. Let's see, in August 2002, after my dad died, I moved here from Austin to live with my mom. April of 2003 (I think) I moved in with a roommate I found on an online matching service. Then in August our rent went up and so the two of us moved to a different townhouse. We stayed there for a year, then she turned psycho and I moved to the place where I live now with another roommate from the same matching service. The original plan with my friend was to wait to do this until next November. There are things that are very attractive about staying planted for another year, including financial reasons.

Life is so funny, isn't it? I'd pretty much resigned myself to being settled at this place, despite its inconvenient location. Now another opportunity has presented itself, and I'm just not sure what to do with it. Looking forward to the Indian food, though...
posted by LoRi~fLoWer
Permalink
1 Comments:
  • At 12:58 PM, Blogger bella said…

    I've said I would never move again too, but then did after my dad passed away 2 years ago. AND I got a shih-tzu at the same time and I absolutly love him. He is the best thing in my life. I totally think it's worth another move if it means you can get a dog. And it sounds that you both are going about this the right way by discussing things before hand and not just rushing into it.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Lori~Flower

Home: Eastern PA, United States

"Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same" --The Fray

My Ecosystem Details
Blogs in my Cycle of Song
Archives
Feeding my Gossip Addiction
Stuff You'll Never Look At

My blog is best viewed with Firefox. It's better and it's FREE!
Get Firefox!

Free Blogger Templates


I'm an A-list Blogebrity


BLOGGER




Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.