Photographs
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Lori~Flower. Make your own badge here.
Writing Tripe Since 2004
BlogYear in Review 2005

BlogYear in Review 2006
Previous Posts
Tags

Monday, June 27, 2005
Well...since you didn't ask...
I'm drawing a blank when it comes to something interesting to post on, so I thought I'd answer a few questions that none of you asked from my mailbag that doesn't exist:

1. Song I absoultely can't listen to without thinking of a specific moment in my life:

Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls--I danced with my date (who thought of me as a little sister when I didn't think of him that way at all) to my college's senior formal to this song. That entire evening he made me feel so incredibly special. During this song he grabbed my hand, folded it up in his, put it over his heart and danced the rest of the song with it that way. I think it's possibly the most romantic gesture anyone has ever paid me. And the words seemed to fit perfectly with what I was feeling at that moment.

2. Most perfect moment with friends

This has a song to go with it also, actually. It was the summer of my sophmore year in collge. My best friend was dating a guy who had a Jeep. We spent a lot of time in his jeep with the top down that summer, sometimes more clothed than others. However, this particular time we were driving to the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire, on a perfect summer day. We were listening to Mint Car by the Cure. We were laughing and talking and it was one of those rare times where you wouldn't want to be anywhere else in the world but where you are right that moment. Later that day I dropped my disposable camera in the ladies' toilet, so a few of the pictures from that day came out a bit blurry...I wonder what happened to them.

3. Time (post childhood) when I felt the most safe

I think this issue of feeling safe is more of a girl thing. Or perhaps just a neurosis of mine. But anyway. A guy friend was visiting me. It was kind of a friends with benefits situation. For some reason, he really wanted me to watch this movie, Kull. I was more than willing to watch, but it just wasn't my thing. I remember falling asleep wrapped in a blanket, sitting on his lap with that sound of warriors in battle ringing in my ears.

4. Thing I've done that I bet none of you have.

When I was in sixth grade I was chosen (by some mysterious and undemocratic process) to be "Acting Hilltown Township Supervisor" along with one other classmate and a few kids from other schools in the district. We went to the Township Building for a real town meeting at which we got to pretend we were the supervisors and I got to bang the gavel. I'm not sure why, but I got a plaque (is that how you spell plaque? Or is that only the goo on your teeth?) for accomplishing this feat.


5. Favorite Simon and Garfunkel Song

Cecilia.
posted by LoRi~fLoWer
Permalink
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Lori~Flower

Home: Eastern PA, United States

"Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same" --The Fray

My Ecosystem Details
Blogs in my Cycle of Song
Archives
Feeding my Gossip Addiction
Stuff You'll Never Look At

My blog is best viewed with Firefox. It's better and it's FREE!
Get Firefox!

Free Blogger Templates


I'm an A-list Blogebrity


BLOGGER




Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.