| Friday, July 21, 2006
| 100 Things; or I Heart Self-Indulgence
|Looking around a bit on the blog-o-sphere after reading TJ's post, I realized that a lot of people, including some friends have done a "100 Things About Me" post. And since the world does, in fact, revolve around me, how could I fail to join in.
So, in no particular (conscious) order:
- I'm a fast reader but I often get bored in the middle of a book and switch to a different one.
- I'd rather watch a movie I've already seen.
- I have a strange phobia about making phone calls. When I finally do make a call, if I have to leave a message for the person to call me back, I start to dread their return call.
- If I had to work in a blue collar job, I'd like to either learn how to lay cement or make things out of bricks.
- I love dogs out of reason but I don't have one yet.
- My father died in 2001.
- I'm terrified of losing my mother.
- When I was little I mostly played with "boy's toys" especially any sort of construction set and I liked stuffed animals better than dolls.
- I try not to hate anyone.
- I really want to find someone who wants to marry me just as I am, where I am (and vice versa).
- I wish I didn't get so attached to people. I think I love too hard.
- I like babies, but I'm very uncomfortable around most children. I fear I have no maternal instinct, but I'm facinated with the idea of pregnancy.
- I broke my nose in 6th grade while in a speed skating race (on roller skates) by crashing into the back of someone's head.
- Yes, I really do think that people should be interested in this list.
- I know what having a panic attack feels like. And it's awful.
- I love all amusment park rides.
- I flirt, but I don't think I'm particularly good at it.
- If it wouldn't be a waste of money, I'd get my Masters in English Literature. I say it would be a waste only because I don't want to teach.
- I get frustrated with people who don't think as fast as I do. I'm sure that people get frustrated with me for not thinking as fast as they do.)
- I talk to myself in the car and in stores.
- I miss Austin.
- I wish I had a nutritionist and a trainer, I'm horrible at self-motivation and I eat my feelings.
- I have 4 nephews, but I don't know any of them very well.
- I'm very much the baby of my immediate family and the only girl. And I act like it--but just around my family.
- I was in the 95th percentile for the verbal section of my SATs but only in the 25th in math. I think I have discalculia.
- I choose to be alone a lot.
- I wish I were a better Christian
- Most of the time I think I'm a pretty cool person, yet one who sort of bumbles her way through life.
- I don't feel grown up enough to be almost 30.
- I like working with men better than women.
- I worry at how selfish some of my thoughts are.
- I try not to lie.
- However, I'm a good liar when I feel backed into a corner.
- I was a virgin until I was 20.
- I like public speaking.
- I want to live in Boston some day.
- With a few exceptions, I don't watch new TV shows.
- I learned how to weld last year, but I haven't done it since.
- I love roadtrips.
- I won a fiction writing award from the Greater Lehigh Valley Writers Group when I was in college. I have the story somewhere if anyone is interested.
- I don't try to write to be published because I'm scared I'll fail.
- My college internship was at a magazine called Compressed Air
- I imagine scenes from the book Anne of Green Gables to help me fall asleep at night.
- I've only snuck into one movie ever.
- I've never seen any of the Godfather movies or Braveheart or Forest Gump or countless other movies that you think I should have seen.
- I'm very messy at home, but extremely organized at work.
- I like my Windows' toolbar on the right hand side, not the bottom.
- I've had a girl crush.
- I've slept in the same bed as a married man. (But I've never seen two people squish further away from each other on the same bed--and we were above the covers.)
- There's still one "bad boy" in my past that I'd probably find hard to resist even though I know he's not good for me.
- I try hard not to repeat mistakes
- I don't dream about my wedding or my wedding dress. If forced, I'd probably say I wanted a big backyard BBQ.
- I'm censoring this list.
- I usually choose the hard road.
- I love to swim, but I'd rather be in a pool than a lake. I don't like to swim in the ocean.
- I'll kick your ass at Monopoly.
- I'd like to think I could kick your ass at Scrabble.
- At the end of the day I think of conversations that I had and things I did that day and analyze the heck out of them. Usually to my detriment.
- I have no idea what I want to do to leave my mark on the world.
- I have become resigned to the fact tha I probably won't leave my mark on the world.
- I avoid politics and discussing politics. I purposely know as little about politics as possible so I can avoid these discussions.
- I have had an article published in an online journal.
- I have climbed a mountain.
- I had a really embarassing experience at an indoor rock climbing gym and I haven't been to once since, although I really enjoy climbing.
- Same for horseback riding.
- I hate dating. (But the previous two embarassing experiences did not occur on a date.)
- I don't mind only having a few good friends.
- I've known my best friend since our senior year in high school and we've never had a fight.
- I search for father figures, even at 29.
- I like to feel small.
- I've been to England 4 times and France once.
- I have a whole box of old letters that I'll never throw away.
- I'm always shocked by what I look like in pictures.
- If I won the lottery I'd use my money to outbid developers who bulldoze our farmland here in Bucks County.
- I'd probably be more superficial if I could afford it.
- I very rarely wear high heels and I always regret it when I do.
- I love the woods.
- I like all kinds of music, even country.
- I'm secretly facinated by any sort of montage where they mix video clips with music.
- My life has a constantly evolving soundtrack that I keep in my head.
- I used to be a competitive roller skater (jumps, spins, sequined outfits and all) I even have medals.
- I'm very competitive in general.
- I tend to trust people even though I pretend to be jaded and cynical.
- I'm optimistic.
- I used to be scared of getting kidnapped and that fear is only buried just under the surface.
- I wish I could drive a car with manual transmission.
- I like scenes in movies where people are walking in slow motion, they always look so cool.
- I like to edit because I like finding other people's mistakes. I hate it when people find mistakes I missed.
- If I could have any job I wanted, I'd like to be a dog trainer.
- I think I'm just the right height.
- I know what people notice first about me, but I wish it were something different.
- I had major surgery when I was around 5 years old.
- I have one ureter on my right hand side and two on my left. (You're supposed to have one on each side.)
- If I could trade bodies with anyone it would be Jennifer Lopez.
- I like songs with words that read like poetry. I get obsessed when I find one, and play it over and over. I always listen more closely to the words than to the intricacies of the music. (I guess that could be three things but they're all related.)
- I love writing with Sharpies and felt-tip pens.
- I'm not really good at anything artistic.
- I write in a random mixture of print and cursive, but I never use the cursive lowercase "b" or "z."
- I have had more romantic relationships that started online than those that started any other way.
- I've never had a nickname that wasn't a variation on Lori.
|posted by LoRi~fLoWer
If you get to come here, I have Scrabble AND Monopoly:)
You have a comfortable voice, I would imagine you'd be a good speaker.
Becky, did you seriously read all of that shite? :O)
1. you write, and that is artistic
2. you HAVE a nickname that is not a variation of lori - namely wrenly
3. just what DO you want people to notice first about you. (in my case it was: a. your smile; b. your eyes)
4. everyone's thoughts are selfish
5. why does anyone need to be edited
6. half of the thrill of being published is the rush of not failing - this time
7. you were only a virgin until 20 because we didn't meet til after i was married and you were already over 20.
8. i am still a bad boy, but now you ignore me
9. i don't think that you really know who i am yet
10. when you do figure it out for sure, maybe you will comment to me or e-mail me more often.
11. blow-off england all together, you have already been there multiple times. do something different. go see Scotland (the land of my bad boy ancestors)
12. relax, we all love you just the way you are - especially with your (not so evolutionarily advantageous) quirks
13. i still can't believe that you and meggy have NEVER had a fight. even after the 'driving on the railroad tracks' incident, or moshing at the beastie boys concert.....
14. are you sure that i am who you think i am?
15. you need to get ouot more often - and sometimes with the WRONG people
ok, maybe #7 is a bit - well - selfish on my part. but i would have tried.
Yeah, I know who you are. Too bad you're married. :O)
are you really really sure?
Pretty sure. Megs told me that she directed you to some of my better posts and that you were inspired to start your own blog. So yeah, I'm 98% sure.
I like the list. I disagree with 97 since you show artistic flair by virtue of maintaining a blog.
You didn't miss a thing by not seeing Gump. Just drive through Alabama and you'll live that movie.
Sneaking into one movie, huh? I used to sneak into three or four per night.
Wow, a competitive roller skater! How cool.
And I'd much rather talk to you than Jennifer Lopez.
I did read it all -- I also wanted to see how much I knew already or what surprised me.
I have one ureter on my right hand side and two on my left. (You're supposed to have one on each side.)
I must confess my ignorance but what is a ureter???
ureter is the tube which carries concentrated urine from the renal calyx/renal pelvis to the bladder. It is the only site of transitional epithelial cells in the human body after birth. Not important, but a pretty cool factoid to bio-heads like myself.
Maybe I'm mistaken, but I seem to recall seeing you draw something in the past and thinking it was cute. And writing is artistic, btw, as is (arguably; anything random would be excluded from "tratitional" art, though modern art can pretty much contain everything up to and including randomly discarded snotty tissues) writing in a random mixture of print and cursive.
Does having an extra ureter mean you pee more efficiently than normies?