Photographs
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Lori~Flower. Make your own badge here.
Writing Tripe Since 2004
BlogYear in Review 2005

BlogYear in Review 2006
Previous Posts
Tags

Thursday, July 27, 2006
I hate all my clothes

Yep, it's about that time of year again. I don't know if guys go through this, but, for me at least, every August and every (oh, say...) March it's the same thing. By August I hate all my summer clothes and I fondly remember all the comfy, cozy, fleecy sweaters and such in those magical boxes under my bed. I long for that chilly nip in the air that means I can wear my funny hat with the ear flaps again. And maybe, just maybe, I even miss the snow. This attitude always comes at least 1 to 2 months before sweaters will be a viable clothing option.

Around March--which, along with February, is the most miserable, windy, icy time of year in Southeastern Pennsylvania--I begin to feel like I've eaten an entire skein of yarn and if I have to keep my neck, head, arms, hands, and legs covered for one more second I might implode. I want nothing more than to shove all my sweaters in those stupid boxes under my bed and get started on my vast selection of capri pants and wispy shirts.

I'm glad I live in a part of the country that gives me such wonderful seasonal opportunities to bemoan my wardrobe.
posted by LoRi~fLoWer
Permalink
5 Comments:
  • At 1:00 PM, Blogger Sally said…

    I know what you mean. I only have a few pairs of shorts and after I've gone through most of the summer wearing the same shorts, I start longing to put on my jeans and some sweaters just for a different look. Of course with an expected high of 97 today, doesn't look like I'll be changing out of these old shorts any time soon.

     
  • At 4:28 PM, Blogger Becky said…

    That's one thing that I love about Seattle is that it's rarely hot enough to require shorts, for my legs are truly my most hideous asset. I also prefer sweaters and comfy clothes to summer ones. Plus, I look damn cute in those hats:)

     
  • At 9:02 AM, Blogger Dallas DYSfunction said…

    I have been reading your blog for some time and I absolutely love it! Guys.... well certain type of guys of the fruitier persuasion...go through the same thing. However, I live in Texas and with heat down here, we are just trying shed clothes as fast as possible.

     
  • At 2:34 PM, Blogger mist1 said…

    I'm over my flip-flops. They're ready to be retired. Too late to buy another pair.

    I can't wait for sweaters again. I also happen to be a coat whore.

     
  • At 2:37 PM, Blogger LoRi~fLoWer said…

    I love coats too!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Lori~Flower

Home: Eastern PA, United States

"Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same" --The Fray

My Ecosystem Details
Blogs in my Cycle of Song
Archives
Feeding my Gossip Addiction
Stuff You'll Never Look At

My blog is best viewed with Firefox. It's better and it's FREE!
Get Firefox!

Free Blogger Templates


I'm an A-list Blogebrity


BLOGGER




Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.