Photographs
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Lori~Flower. Make your own badge here.
Writing Tripe Since 2004
BlogYear in Review 2005

BlogYear in Review 2006
Previous Posts
Tags

Wednesday, September 29, 2004
Spiritual Fathers
I've been thinking a lot about all the "fathers" in my life now. I lost my dad, well, it'll be 4 years ago on October 23rd. And, as is typical, there was so much I didn't realize that I counted on having a father around for. Not just knowing how to talk to an auto mechanic, but being there to walk me down the isle someday, and that kind of thing. Dad and I were really too much alike to get along very well--that will make sense if you think about it for a minute. But I think my appreciation for him would have grown as I got older, and we would have been able to really talk. At least I like to think that...

Anyway, what does a girl with no boyfriend, brothers who live in different states, and no father do when she needs male wisdom or daddy-love? God has really blessed me in this regard, and has recently filled up my life with male protectors. There's my best friend's Daddy...she lets me borrow him. He's always asking me silly Daddy things: Did you dye your hair AGAIN? Have you checked you tire pressure? Does your mom know you are doing that? I think that if I ever get married, and as long as my best friend has married first, I'll ask him to walk me down the isle. It might make my brothers sad, though. Then there's Wayne at work. He's my "fleet manager." He used to be an auto technician and he tells me what to say to the ogres at the car dealership. He even talks to them for me. He can't possibly know what a weight off my shoulders that is. I hope he does. He also helped me move. And before you get any funny ideas, he's very happily married and I am quite happy with that. : o ) And then at church I have my spiritual fathers, Father Tufton and Father James. All the other guy engineers at work would have my back if I needed them and have done various things for me here and there. I have a whole set!!

So I might have lost my true Daddy, but I'm pretty sure he and God are up there making sure I'm covered. Sure seems like it anyway. I'm a lucky girl.


posted by LoRi~fLoWer
Permalink
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Lori~Flower

Home: Eastern PA, United States

"Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same" --The Fray

My Ecosystem Details
Blogs in my Cycle of Song
Archives
Feeding my Gossip Addiction
Stuff You'll Never Look At

My blog is best viewed with Firefox. It's better and it's FREE!
Get Firefox!

Free Blogger Templates


I'm an A-list Blogebrity


BLOGGER




Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.