Photographs
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Lori~Flower. Make your own badge here.
Writing Tripe Since 2004
BlogYear in Review 2005

BlogYear in Review 2006
Previous Posts
Tags

Monday, January 17, 2005
Take Two: Austin Past or Future
I moved home from Austin about 4 years ago. It felt so good to be home again. I would just drive and drive over all the roads I knew so well. I still love it here, as I've said in a previous post about contentment. But as soon as I set foot in Austin I realized how much I had missed it. After a few days, I was thinking...why not come back, why not? I could go to UT and get my Master's in something. I could just come back if I found a comparably salaried job.

Why not? Well, because I love my job HERE. Because I love my mom HERE. Because a month ago I wrote a post on contentment. Because I thought I wanted to be out of debt so I could get a house and a dog.

Well why go then? Because since about a month after I got my Bachelor's I wanted to be back in school again. Because I have a solid group of friends there, and a more active social life than I do here. Because I miss my brother and we have such a great time together. Because Austin is AUSTIN.

When I did live there, it wasn't always great. I sunk really low financially, but I'm quite positive that would be different now with the jobs I've had since then. I got homesick. It was really, really hot in the summer.

The biggest thing keeping me here is the job I have now. I really like it, I really like the people I work with, I like what my company accomplishes, I like what I accomplish there. I have an email saved from my supervisor that says "You will always have a career path here." How could I throw that away? If they said I could keep doing what I'm doing for them from Austin, I'd start packing tomorrow.

I guess I just have to give myself some time to work it all out. Do Pro/Con lists really work? I don't even know how to begin. I am trying to keep in mind that maybe all I want to go back to is the freedom of last week, and that moving back to Austin would not be a permenant vacation.
posted by LoRi~fLoWer
Permalink
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Lori~Flower

Home: Eastern PA, United States

"Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same" --The Fray

My Ecosystem Details
Blogs in my Cycle of Song
Archives
Feeding my Gossip Addiction
Stuff You'll Never Look At

My blog is best viewed with Firefox. It's better and it's FREE!
Get Firefox!

Free Blogger Templates


I'm an A-list Blogebrity


BLOGGER




Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.