Photographs
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Lori~Flower. Make your own badge here.
Writing Tripe Since 2004
BlogYear in Review 2005

BlogYear in Review 2006
Previous Posts
Tags

Thursday, June 30, 2005
1 day, 6 hours, 45 minutes
Said she needed to clear her mind
He figured she'd gone back to Austin
'Cause she talked about it all the time
--Blake Shelton

Tomorrow evening, I'll be on a plane heading for Austin. I still have to pack. That was the goal for yesterday night, but after my second load of laundry I said, "I'll just lay down for a second." And next thing I knew it was this morning and there was a load of wet clothes still in the washing machine. Packing is so hard. I don't want to have just exactly enough outfits to get me through. I want to be able to just wake up on a certain day and feel like wearing something and have it be there. Still, the goal is one suitcase, a backpack, and a small boat and tote for my carry-on, because it stows nicely under the seat in front of me. If you haven't discovered the joys of the boat and tote, ladies, I highly recommend them. —I have one in every size, including the mini one they did special for Valentines Day.

Here's some of the things I have planned so far.

July 2--See Cory Morrow at Sunset Pier
July 3--possible BBQ at Mark's (the one that writes the great movie reviews, see link to left) This is still unconfirmed.
July 4--Austin has a great celebration and fireworks in town. Stoked!
July 5--Hear Bruce Campbell speak and see screening of his new movie
July 6-7--Galveston with my brother
July 9--BBQ that Ana and I organized to get all my scattered Austin friends together. It's going to be so great!!

Woo hoo! I always start with good blogging intentions, but if I don't post frequently, don't forget about me. I need the attention. :)

Here's something I wrote about Austin last time I was there. I posted it before, but here it is again:

Austin
In the airplane I see sun glinting on the skyline. A thrum starts within me and beats in synchronicity with the massive engine obscuring my view. Touch down, then walking. I spread my body on concrete the same temperature as my insides. Palms spread to feel the rise and fall, ear to the ground and the heartbeat is there underneath like always. I slow my breathing to match. I let the city fill me. Let it make me comfortable in this body again. My skin fits better here, I am the same out as in.

A woman walks three bulldogs. A cowboy eats dinner beside two women in business suits. The people glow here. They walk with a love of the ground beneath them. A woman rocks a baby on her front porch at sunset, singing a lullaby in time with the beat always rising from the earth. A street musician carries her tune to where he plays for change. The city orchestrates our movements, our sounds. Like blood we flow through her streets in an unending flow, pushed to our destinations by the strong heart within her.


P.S. I'm pretty sure that a more recent picture of the skyline would include a HUGE new skyscraper. I like it better this way, although it is a pretty building.
posted by LoRi~fLoWer
Permalink
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Lori~Flower

Home: Eastern PA, United States

"Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same" --The Fray

My Ecosystem Details
Blogs in my Cycle of Song
Archives
Feeding my Gossip Addiction
Stuff You'll Never Look At

My blog is best viewed with Firefox. It's better and it's FREE!
Get Firefox!

Free Blogger Templates


I'm an A-list Blogebrity


BLOGGER




Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.