Photographs
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Lori~Flower. Make your own badge here.
Writing Tripe Since 2004
BlogYear in Review 2005

BlogYear in Review 2006
Previous Posts
Tags

Friday, October 21, 2005
Utter Darkness

I'm officially in a Blue Funk. A Big Blue Funk. Nothing is really fun at the moment. Work is monotonous. Home is monotonous. The sky is gray. The leaves aren't even that pretty. I don't have any hobbies. All I want to do when I get home from work is put on my pajamas and get under the covers. Only CSI reruns interest me.

Should I be worried about this? Maybe. But it's happened to me before. It's different than depression. I can shake it off for some parts of the day. I still enjoy being with my friends when I have plans. It's my typical Blue Funk. It's cyclical and it will go away. My solution is to just give into it for a while. If the Blue Funk wants pajamas, bed, and CSI at 7pm, that's what it gets. Eventually the Blue Funk will want to venture outside again. Eventually the Blue Funk will dissipate. It'll be fine.

I think part of it has to do with the fact that it's still dark now when my alarm goes off. This is utterly depressing. Get up, get showered, put on clothes, brush teeth, put on make-up and trudge out to the car...still dark. Drive to work with the headlights on, thinking, "I could really still be sleeping. Sleep is nice." And soon we'll be turning the clocks back, which means that not only will I leave for work in the dark, but I'll leave for home in the dark too.

Sigh. Any suggestions for the Blue Funk that are better than riding it out?
posted by LoRi~fLoWer
Permalink
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Lori~Flower

Home: Eastern PA, United States

"Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same" --The Fray

My Ecosystem Details
Blogs in my Cycle of Song
Archives
Feeding my Gossip Addiction
Stuff You'll Never Look At

My blog is best viewed with Firefox. It's better and it's FREE!
Get Firefox!

Free Blogger Templates


I'm an A-list Blogebrity


BLOGGER




Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.