Photographs
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Lori~Flower. Make your own badge here.
Writing Tripe Since 2004
BlogYear in Review 2005

BlogYear in Review 2006
Previous Posts
Tags

Friday, December 03, 2004
Analyze This!
So I had this really bizarre dream last night. I don't know if this happens with everyone, but most of my dreams come complete with this background story like each one is only an episode.

In this dream I was a poor girl living in this small shack with my family. I was the caretaker for everyone, we lived in some sort of a wilderness on the far outskirts of a wealthy town. The nasty townspeople called us "dirt farmers" because the land was unproductive. I had a beautiful younger sister whom one of the nasty townsmen wanted to steal and marry.

I know this sounds like I'm making it up, but seriously, my mind just has a field day when I'm asleep.

Ok so that was the back story, somehow in the dream, I just knew all this in my mind, the way you know your own past.

Now in this dream I'm trying to cook our dinner on this open fire grill. It's a few measly fish. By the time I peel the skin off there is only about a 3 inch square piece of meat on each of the two fish. I try to grill them, but they keep slipping through the cracks of the grill. So I pile the coals on the seat of our only rocking chair. I am attempting to slide a spatula under the fish and carry them from the grill to place them directly on the coals in the rocking chair. I keep dropping the fish. One side of the fish is coated with dirt, but it's all the food we have. I'm thinking I have to find my sister because this is the time when that man comes around, but I also have to pick up the fish coated with dirt because our floor is dirt. I try to put the fish dirt-side down on the coals but the chair rocks back and the fish slip through the slats in the chair. The nasty townsman is trying to get in yelling "I know you're in there "dirt farmers." I hope my sister is far away. Then I wake up.

So that's a pretty intricate dream even for me. At the very least I'm usually myself in my dreams and the interactions take place with people I know. This was a different place, a different time, and a whole different cast of characters.
posted by LoRi~fLoWer
Permalink
2 Comments:
  • At 9:15 AM, Blogger LoRi~fLoWer said…

    Wow, those are two different theories. I'm not sure about the daughter thing. I like babies and all; however, I'm pretty much sure I'm not cut out to raise children. But maybe my maternal clock has a mind of it's own.

    I don't have a sister, and this sister didn't appear in the dream at all, she was just background.

    I am having some spiritual and faith issues in my life at this time, mainly centering on what happens after death.

    I thought it might make a neat story, too, though. I have been having a craving to start writing again, but lacked a real story line. Maybe my dream-self is trying to help me out.

    What was your dream, Amanda?

    By the way, everyone should check out Amanda's blog! It's in my link section, or should be momentarily.

     
  • At 5:30 PM, Blogger nilocjin said…

    I have a theory of dream interpretation: I call it the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle of Dreams... basically, I think that the interpretation of a dream by another is necessarily influenced by the beliefs, situation, psychology, etc of the interpreter. Thus, the only person really qualified to interpret your dreams is you. That was all supposed to sound a lot more humorous, but instead just served to point out how "serious" of a person I am. Ah well.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Lori~Flower

Home: Eastern PA, United States

"Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same" --The Fray

My Ecosystem Details
Blogs in my Cycle of Song
Archives
Feeding my Gossip Addiction
Stuff You'll Never Look At

My blog is best viewed with Firefox. It's better and it's FREE!
Get Firefox!

Free Blogger Templates


I'm an A-list Blogebrity


BLOGGER




Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.