Photographs
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Lori~Flower. Make your own badge here.
Writing Tripe Since 2004
BlogYear in Review 2005

BlogYear in Review 2006
Previous Posts
Tags

Monday, April 03, 2006
Invention
So I'll take your suggestions this week and rethink the text colors, size, etc. I'll do it on my laptop so I make sure it reads well on an LCD screen.

I had a horrid week last week, for various reasons, but mainly because I waited til the last minute to get my car inspected. I almost got fleeced out of $581 for unneeded repairs! Luckily a co-worker was a master auto technician for 20 years and suggested that I take it somewhere else. I took it to another place, didn't mention the previous fiasco and it passed with nary a comment except that they had to change some light bulbs. Which, by the way, was something that the $581 place didn't even mention, although I'm sure they would have if they'd noticed and thought they could get money out of it. All in all I learned a good lesson, and I suppose $180 is a better price for that lesson than $581, although it should have been about $70 if I'd done things right in the first place.

However, on a brighter note, I invented a wonderful dessert last night. It might even be considered by some to be semi-health-conscious. I threw some strawberries in a ziploc bag and froze them. Not to where they're like ice chunks, you still want to be able to bite them. I can't give you a time period for this, you'll just have to experiment. When the strawberries were good and frozen I took some half and half and poured it in the ziploc bag with the strawberries along with a couple teaspoonsful of Splenda. I shook the bag, turned it upside down and shook it some more.

The wondrous thing is, because the strawberries were frozen the mixed sugar and half and half not only coated the strawberries, it froze to them. I can't even tell you how delicious they were! If you try it, let me know what you think.
posted by LoRi~fLoWer
Permalink
3 Comments:
  • At 2:08 PM, Blogger bella said…

    Mmm... will have to try... sounds yummy!

     
  • At 10:36 PM, Blogger Becky said…

    I wish I weren't such a picky eater, for it sounded good.

     
  • At 5:35 PM, Blogger Jules said…

    raspberries too, in fact if you mix the strawberries and raspberries you have just reinvented heaven.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Lori~Flower

Home: Eastern PA, United States

"Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same" --The Fray

My Ecosystem Details
Blogs in my Cycle of Song
Archives
Feeding my Gossip Addiction
Stuff You'll Never Look At

My blog is best viewed with Firefox. It's better and it's FREE!
Get Firefox!

Free Blogger Templates


I'm an A-list Blogebrity


BLOGGER




Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.