Photographs
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Lori~Flower. Make your own badge here.
Writing Tripe Since 2004
BlogYear in Review 2005

BlogYear in Review 2006
Previous Posts
Tags

Thursday, May 11, 2006
BPS
Yesterday two men in ugly polyester suits knocked at my door. I was immediately unnerved by something about them, and I knew right away they brought me no good news. I opened the door only slightly and one of them shoved a badge in my face. "We're from BPS--Blog Protective Services," the man proclaimed in a stern voice, "we've been hearing some interesting things about you, Ms. Lori." The other man gave an ominous nod and looked down at his clipboard. "It seems, ma'am, that you have been neglecting your blog. We have numerous reports that though you recently provided it with a new skin, that's about all you have done to insure its welfare. It's been seen wandering around the web unupdated [he managed to inject a month's worth of shock, contempt, and dismay into that one word] for weeks now."

I attempted to shut the door, but the first man stuck his foot on the threshold. "Look ma'am, we've been seeing a lot of this lately, this 'blog fatigue.' It's practically an epidemic."

I still hadn't gotten a word in edgewise up to this point, but the truth was I had nothing to say. Shame passed through my body in physical waves. I could only look at my feet. I had once taken such good care of my blog. Taken such pride in my blog. Where had I gone wrong? When had this happened?

The first man was looking at me as though expecting a response. "I...I...I've been in sort of a funk lately, see...it's been like, well, like Groundhog Day. Work eat sleep. I couldn't see burdening my blog with that kind of thing. So I...well, I guess I've pulled away. But what you're telling me is that people have noticed? That my blog has been suffering? That's not what I want."

Was that a trace of sympathy I saw on the second polyester guy's face? "We can get you the help you need," he said.

I know my blog and I have a long journey ahead before we can truly trust each other again. It's not going to be easy, but I'm willing to try. My blog asks so little of me really, an anecdote here, an updated link there. Thanks to BPS, I've been given eyes to see past my funk to what's really important here: writing self-absorbed, self-serving, generally unimportant blog entries. I know what I have to do.
posted by LoRi~fLoWer
Permalink
8 Comments:
  • At 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad to see you back!

    --Jennifer

     
  • At 1:41 PM, Blogger Becky said…

    It seems to be going around the campfire lately. Don't flog yourself over it; we'll be here (though admittedly, I do the same to myself).

     
  • At 7:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Welcome back, I was getting worried.

     
  • At 6:37 AM, Blogger Sarah said…

    aww, BPS will be knocking on my door next!

     
  • At 7:17 AM, Blogger T.A.B. said…

    Glad I ratted you out. Now maybe you'll write something.

     
  • At 9:27 PM, Blogger ~Tim said…

    The words every blogger needs to hear at some point: "We can get you the help you need."

     
  • At 7:56 AM, Blogger Sally said…

    I hear ya, sister.

     
  • At 3:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your statements have been documented. Expect visitors.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Lori~Flower

Home: Eastern PA, United States

"Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same" --The Fray

My Ecosystem Details
Blogs in my Cycle of Song
Archives
Feeding my Gossip Addiction
Stuff You'll Never Look At

My blog is best viewed with Firefox. It's better and it's FREE!
Get Firefox!

Free Blogger Templates


I'm an A-list Blogebrity


BLOGGER




Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.