Photographs
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Lori~Flower. Make your own badge here.
Writing Tripe Since 2004
BlogYear in Review 2005

BlogYear in Review 2006
Previous Posts
Tags

Wednesday, May 17, 2006
New Camera/New Garden
I got my camera on Friday so naturally I took it with me while we ran errands on Saturday.

I've decided that I'm going to create a dog montage. Starting with this distinguished gentledog who as L.M. Montgomery wrote knew that she had nothing to do but sit and wait "so she sat and waited with all her might and main."




After running around getting all the necessary "ingredients" we set to work on the garden. Here is the garden before planting, but after all the backbreaking tilling and sifting and adding of new soil:

Now here's a shot after planting melons, peppers, onions, lettuce, spinach, and squash. Haven't put the tomatoes in yet. Oh, and the marigolds around the perimeter keep the bad bugs away.


It was the perfect day to be outside working. However around 3 there was a crazy thunderstorm and I was afraid everything would get washed away. They seem to have made it through OK, but only time will tell. This weekend we'll plant the tomatoes and cucumbers and finish planting the herb garden, which I didn't take any pictures of yet because it still looks messy.

Monday night when I got back to the apartment it was sunny, but raining and I saw a rainbow. So I took this picture:If anyone knows how to capture a rainbow on a digital camera, let me know, because this picture doesn't do it justice at all.

That was my weekend in pictures. Back to your business.
posted by LoRi~fLoWer
Permalink
4 Comments:
  • At 4:04 PM, Blogger Tamara said…

    Is that true about the marigolds? Awesome gardening tip.

     
  • At 9:09 AM, Blogger LoRi~fLoWer said…

    Yep, it's true about the marigolds! How do you garden in Los Angeles? Do you have a container garden?

     
  • At 11:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    In response to your previous post, with Vonage IP phones(www.vonage.com), using the unlimited plan for only $24.99 per month, calls to UK and Ireland are free! Just a tip.

     
  • At 8:51 AM, Blogger Sally said…

    I thought marigolds keep rabbits away? Do you have rabbits in the area?

    As for digital cameras/rainbows, I got lucky taking a shot of a rainbow with my Fuji point and shoot digitasl camera but now I have an SLR and haven't had the chance to attempt a picture of a rainbow yet. Maybe you can photoshop the picture to darken the colors?

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Lori~Flower

Home: Eastern PA, United States

"Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same" --The Fray

My Ecosystem Details
Blogs in my Cycle of Song
Archives
Feeding my Gossip Addiction
Stuff You'll Never Look At

My blog is best viewed with Firefox. It's better and it's FREE!
Get Firefox!

Free Blogger Templates


I'm an A-list Blogebrity


BLOGGER




Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.