Photographs
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Lori~Flower. Make your own badge here.
Writing Tripe Since 2004
BlogYear in Review 2005

BlogYear in Review 2006
Previous Posts
Tags

Tuesday, August 01, 2006
August 1, 1948
Today was my dad's birthday.

He died in 2000, so today isn't as hard for me as it once was. He's gone and I miss him, but life finds a way to take hold of you and move you along. I am the person I am today partly because of the way he and my mother chose to raise me. Good and bad, that's his legacy and I know he was proud of me.

Today, on the day he was born, I am remembering something he used to do for me from the day I was born until I was about 5.

When I was very little and I was upset he used to sit me in his lap in the big gold lazy-boy rocker and sing to me:

"Rockin' in the bye-bye chair with Daddy and Lori."

The rest of the lyrics he made up as he went along, until I was calm, or asleep.

I have never in my life felt so safe and special as I did in that chair with him.

Thank you Daddy.
posted by LoRi~fLoWer
Permalink
8 Comments:
  • At 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lori,

    A very touching tribute. All the best.

     
  • At 4:00 PM, Blogger bella said…

    I hope your dad and my dad are having a blast in heaven celebrating your dad's birthday. Sending you hugs.

     
  • At 4:11 PM, Blogger Tamara said…

    Thinking about you today.

     
  • At 4:20 PM, Blogger Becky said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 4:22 PM, Blogger Becky said…

    I'm sorry, Lori. I know it's not as painful as it once was, but I'm sure this day is hard for you.

     
  • At 7:15 PM, Blogger Sally said…

    Yeah, I'm glad you feel stronger but I know it must be hard.

    I'm sort of envious you have that sort of memory of your father - mine died when I was three and believe it or not I do have a couple very fuzzy memories of him.

     
  • At 1:42 PM, Blogger mist1 said…

    I gotta call my dad.

     
  • At 1:43 PM, Blogger LoRi~fLoWer said…

    Yep, do that. :O)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Lori~Flower

Home: Eastern PA, United States

"Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same" --The Fray

My Ecosystem Details
Blogs in my Cycle of Song
Archives
Feeding my Gossip Addiction
Stuff You'll Never Look At

My blog is best viewed with Firefox. It's better and it's FREE!
Get Firefox!

Free Blogger Templates


I'm an A-list Blogebrity


BLOGGER




Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.