Photographs
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Lori~Flower. Make your own badge here.
Writing Tripe Since 2004
BlogYear in Review 2005

BlogYear in Review 2006
Previous Posts
Tags

Thursday, August 10, 2006
No More Discovery Health Channel
I had a crazy nightmare last night, or this morning really, at around 3a.m. I know because I looked up at the clock when I sat straight up in bed to feel my face and make sure there wasn't blood all over it.

My mom told me when I was little that dreams are all the junk stored in your brain from the day, and that junk comes out all mixed up sometimes. Well she's got a point. Last night immediately before bed I was reading The Mists of Avalon and Igraine the High Queen, who was now living in a nunnery after the death of the High King kept, thinking she heard her daughter crying out for her in pain. (Meanwhile her daughter was halfway across the country having a baby that Igraine didn't know about.)

Ok that's situation 1.

Immediately before I started reading I was watching a teenage boy get have gastric bypass surgery on the Discovery Health Channel.

Situation 2.

So I suppose I shouldn't have be surprised to find myself on an operating table, fully awake, while some surgeons dug away at something near my upper left thigh. I could feel it, but I wouldn't say it was painful. Then something went wrong and I heard the surgeons start to panic and felt blood spurting out of my femoral artery and felt it splattering on my face. I felt one of the surgeons plunge her hand into my incision and try to put her finger into the place where the bleeding was coming from. And I began screaming and screaming and calling for my mother.

It was rather awful, and was still so vivid in my mind when I sat down at the computer this morning, that I thought maybe if I got it all down it would lose some of its immediacy.

tags:
posted by LoRi~fLoWer
Permalink
6 Comments:
  • At 8:45 AM, Blogger Sarah said…

    I watch waaay too much Discovery Health Channel (it's 115 here on Time Warner Cable) and I am a hypocondriac, so rather than have it affect my dreams, it affects my waking hours.

    Examples -- things I worry about before I go to bed--
    1) What if I have a flesh eating tumor on my leg?
    2) What if I have Prater Willi Syndrome?
    3) What if I am a 600 pound man?
    4) What if I am a Little Person with a bone condition?
    5) What if I am carrying the dead fetus of my twin?
    6) What if I have Tourettes?

    It never stops. That channel is so disgustingly addicting. And all of the good stuff comes on after 11pm.

     
  • At 9:38 AM, Blogger Sally said…

    I hate having dreams so vivid and disturbing like that. Do you know if you screamed out loud and disturbed your roommate or neighbors?

     
  • At 12:36 PM, Blogger Dallas DYSfunction said…

    I don't retain very many dreams/nightmares. I guess I'm lucky or just doped up on wierd medication. Did you watch the SciFi Movie on the Mists of Avalon... it was kind of cheesey

     
  • At 2:48 PM, Blogger LoRi~fLoWer said…

    Sarah: it's a good thing you don't have my job then!

    Sally: I don't think I screamed out loud. But I remember being realize surprised that I woke up. Whereas, usually some part of my brain realizes that I'm dreaming.

    dd: Nope, didn't see the TV movie but I can see where it could go very wrong.

     
  • At 11:18 PM, Blogger mist1 said…

    I love hearing/reading about other people's dreams. I sleep with a dream interpretation book under my pillow. That way, when I wake up I can look everything up immediately before I forget.

     
  • At 9:15 AM, Blogger LoRi~fLoWer said…

    any theories on this one, mist1?

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Lori~Flower

Home: Eastern PA, United States

"Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same" --The Fray

My Ecosystem Details
Blogs in my Cycle of Song
Archives
Feeding my Gossip Addiction
Stuff You'll Never Look At

My blog is best viewed with Firefox. It's better and it's FREE!
Get Firefox!

Free Blogger Templates


I'm an A-list Blogebrity


BLOGGER




Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.