Photographs
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Lori~Flower. Make your own badge here.
Writing Tripe Since 2004
BlogYear in Review 2005

BlogYear in Review 2006
Previous Posts
Tags

Friday, August 18, 2006
Outside
It's around 8pm on Friday night and I'm sitting outside on my mother's deck. I wish you could see the sky right now. It's this amazing shade of perikwinkle fading to a blue so light that it is almost white. And I can just see twinges of pink from the sun that is setting behind the house, outside of my view. Small cottonball clouds have arranged themselves in rows that are not quite straight but absolutely perfect.

Some bird is singing his last song of the evening. It could be the last song he'll ever sing, but he's singing like it's his first. The cicadas are out too, hiding in my sunflowers, I think. No one is mowing their lawn or proving their dominance over nature. There's just enough of a nip in the air to remind us all that fall is coming. There's nothing like fall in Pennsylvania, no matter how far I may roam.

I'm glad I came outside this evening. I could have missed it all, never known it existed:this show that is always a bit different than the night before.
posted by LoRi~fLoWer
Permalink
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Lori~Flower

Home: Eastern PA, United States

"Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same" --The Fray

My Ecosystem Details
Blogs in my Cycle of Song
Archives
Feeding my Gossip Addiction
Stuff You'll Never Look At

My blog is best viewed with Firefox. It's better and it's FREE!
Get Firefox!

Free Blogger Templates


I'm an A-list Blogebrity


BLOGGER




Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.