Photographs
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Lori~Flower. Make your own badge here.
Writing Tripe Since 2004
BlogYear in Review 2005

BlogYear in Review 2006
Previous Posts
Tags

Tuesday, September 20, 2005
When you care enough to give the very best...excuse
There have been have been some unbloggable events going on in my life in the past couple of months. However, I have decided to post on what, I assume, is the end result of one of these events. Now, if you knew me before the blog and you don't know who I'm talking about, don't ask because I'm still not telling.

The extremely condensed version is that I developed a crush on someone. After enduring various agonies, some of which were actually quite pleasurable at the time, I finally got up the courage to say something:

Me: "I like you. I like hanging out with you. I want to hang out more with you."

Him: *insert completely unrelated and slightly inappropriate comment here*

Me: "Did you hear me? I said I like you."

Him: "I don't know how to respond to that."

Me: *silence* *realization that it's all downhill from here*

Him: "Until I get all this stuff with *insert legitimate and completely truthful extremely complicated issue going on in his life* sorted out, I really don't want anyone to 'like' me. *insert more open and honest excuses with more information to trouble me here*"

Now I left this conversation disappointed yet confident it wouldn't be the end of our friendship, and understanding that his situation really is kind of complicated at the moment. After chewing on it for a few days obsessively, as I am wont to do, I came to the unflattering conclusion that one's life is never too complicated if you really want to share it with someone. And while I still appreciated being let down gently, I ceased to buy it. But I guess it does say nice things about his personality that he cared enough to be nice about it.
posted by LoRi~fLoWer
Permalink
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Lori~Flower

Home: Eastern PA, United States

"Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same" --The Fray

My Ecosystem Details
Blogs in my Cycle of Song
Archives
Feeding my Gossip Addiction
Stuff You'll Never Look At

My blog is best viewed with Firefox. It's better and it's FREE!
Get Firefox!

Free Blogger Templates


I'm an A-list Blogebrity


BLOGGER




Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.